Friday, December 08, 2006

Mini Lesson reflection

After having the oppurtunity to bring one of my lessons in a classroom I was overwhelemed at how well it worked and how excited the kids were to be doing something different and engaging. I used my lesson that consists of a letter from the local news station asking the students for help with sorting out the weather reports. When reading the letter from the news station to the students their excitement started and grew as the letter went on. The letter really started the lesson off perfectly and got the students motivated. From there the students were excited and ready to work and couldn't wait to let the news station know the job was completed. I loved doing this and it was really a great feeling when the lesson was done and the students work was great and the experience they got out of it was one of a kid. This experience really showed me that a little extra effort could go a long way with young students. Adding something exciting and engaging in your lesson is sure to motivate your students and in the end enhance their learning.

No comments: